The market leader for your intelligent journey
Nomad Digital is the world’s leading provider of passenger and fleet management solutions. The integration of Nomad’s solutions into the on-train environment improves levels of passenger satisfaction, connectivity, journey information and entertainment, whilst increasing operational efficiency of the fleet.
A specialist in connected transport, offering benefits to passengers and operators by improving connectivity for trains, metros, trams and buses on the move.
Passenger WiFi, On-board Information Systems and intelligent fleet management
Nomad’s integrated and scalable solutions include the multi-award winning and patent-protected Passenger WiFi, enabling seamless connectivity with the internet and on-board infotainment.
In addition, our Passenger Information System for live journey, multi-media information and passenger Web Portal framework simplifies the creation of custom Web Portals, on-board services and entertainment.
While our Remote Online Condition Monitoring, Driver Assist and Power Train products are targeted at more efficient fleet maintenance operations and improving fuel economy.
Delivering first class fleet connectivity
Headquartered in the UK, with more than 40 customers across the world, our solutions have been deployed by operators across Europe, North America, Australia, the Middle East and Asia, with over 70 customer projects worldwide, supported by a global network of expert staff and offices.
Our technology is used on:
- 11,000 vehicles world wide
- more than 38,000 passenger information screens
- more than 100 fleets, carrying over 7 million WiFi sessions per month
- and serving infotainment to circa to 1.7 billion passengers each year.
Our customers include the world’s leading transport operators, manufacturers and maintenance providers and our solutions have been deployed on a wide variety of trains, metros, trams and buses, as both refit and new-build projects.
A history of innovation
Nomad is committed to innovation and continued development of its solutions. This philosophy has resulted in Nomad delivering many of the world firsts in ICT fleet connectivity:
- World’s first seamless tunnel connectivity for a passenger WiFi solution – Heathrow Express (UK)
- World’s first on-board movie-on-demand service to passengers using WiFi – NSB (Norway)
- World’s first terrestrially streamed live broad cast TV solution for passengers – ÖBB (Austria)
- Ground-breaking high availability Trackside Network solution
- Real-time automated integrated passenger information Web Portal and Passenger Information Screens – NS (The Netherlands) and OBIS (On-Board Information System), for the USA, using a HYBRID system design – interoperability with existing analogue legacy cars
- Hybrid offline and online mapping system using Google maps
- Ground-breaking internet acceleration technology
- World’s first rail adapted virtualisation applications on train